CELTA (Full Time)
The CELTA course is a qualification for people who have little or no previous English language teaching experience, or for people with previous teaching experience but no formal qualification. Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, which is part of the world-famous Cambridge University, each participant can rely on its quality and recognition. Over 10,000 people successfully complete a CELTA course each year.
- The CELTA course runs from Monday to Friday for four weeks (minimum of 120 hours). Course times are from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Candidates are assessed throughout the course, with no final examination. An external assessor, appointed by Cambridge ESOL, moderates each course. There are two components of assessment: teaching practice (a total of six hours to at least two different student levels) and four written assignments. To be awarded the certificate you must pass both components.
- There are three pass grades: ‘Pass’, ‘Pass B’ and ‘Pass A’. As assessment is continuous, you will be given regular feedback on your progress.
- The maximum class size is 12 candidates.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years old, but candidates between 18 and 20 years can be accepted at the centre's discretion.
- Candidates should have a standard of education that would allow entry to higher education in their own country.
- Candidates must have an awareness of spoken language and competence in both written and spoken English that enables them to follow the course.
- Candidates should demonstrate the potential to develop the necessary skills to become an effective teacher and to complete successfully the written assignments and the practice teaching.
Course Dates 2014
1. February 4 - 28
2. May 05 - 30
3. July 7 - August 1
4. September 2 - 26
5. November 3 - 28
Course Fees*There is a $100 non-refundable registration fee, which is deductible from your tuition upon admittance to the program.